Job Announcement: Office of Campaign and Political Finance
Position: Auditor/Campaign Finance Analyst
Performs audits, analysis, and reconciliation of reports to ensure compliance with the Massachusetts campaign finance law. Assists candidates and agents of committees in understanding the law and regulations. Communicates with committees to answer queries and provide instruction/assistance on electronically filing campaign finance reports. Discusses analysis prepared from audit reviews and investigations with senior staff to resolve compliance issues. Provides significant support in the preparation of legal case reviews.
- Ability to understand and apply statutes and regulations governing campaign finance.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to assist committees in understanding the campaign finance law.
- Ability to work within a team environment, as well as independently, and with a wide variety of stakeholders. Willingness to work in a collaborative setting to achieve department objectives and provide regulatory guidance.
- Aptitude for databases and reporting and tracking tools; strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to interpret and respond to questions in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies; ability to proactively set priorities and multi-task without compromising attention to detail; ability to preserve confidential information required.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
BA/BS; professional experience in either a government or financial/accounting setting preferred.
This is a full-time, exempt position with an excellent state employee benefits package. Starting salary will range from $55,000 to $60,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.